I somehow missed an entire month of blogging… and it was my favorite month of the year! I blame it on the fact that it was a crazy busy month at work mixed in with my boyfriend turning the big 3-0 (happy belated-but-official-on-the-blog birthday, babe!) so I was busy being sneaky and planning his birthday shenanigans whenever I wasn’t working.
I have lots to catch up on, but to start my long overdue return to blogging, I thought it would be fitting to make a November to-do list. I had a rough couple of days at the beginning of the week, so I’m attempting to reel it back in and be proactive about making things as good as possible. For starters, I tuned everyone at work out and kicked ass on my to-do list there and finally cleaned off my desk. At home, I cleaned my apartment and bought a ton of candles to keep it feeling fresh and homey, even when I’m hardly there.
So without further ado.. my November checklist! (thanks to my friend anne stu for the inspiration! Also, if you’re in Richmond, check out her blog because its chock full of cool Richmond-y things)
- bake something! I used to love baking but I’ve definitely fallen off this bandwagon in the last couple of years. I feel like fall is the perfect time to do it.
- unrelated – but eat better! I was attempting a whole30 that actually only lasts 24 days because I wanted to be finished by Thanksgiving. Since I’ve done it correctly three times now, I’ve been reading more about this and I just need to commit to a mostly whole30 lifestyle AKA just eat like a civilized human being instead of the barn animal that I pretend to be when I am around sugar and carbs and all of the unnecessary things my body does not need. (I ate all whole30 complaint meals until today when I had a breakfast sandwich and an almond milk pumpkin dirty chai on a coffee date with Michael… because I could.)
- take Christmas card photos! Last year I didn’t do this until about two weeks before Christmas and that just made me rush my friend Katie to not only take pictures but also design my cards (what a saint…) but this year she’s coming in November (also my motivation to eat better because nobody wants a double chin in their Christmas card photos!)
- read more. Did I make an October list? I don’t remember if I ever blogged about it, but I meant to do this last month but this morning was the first time I picked up a book in weeks. I know…
- take more walks outside. I am depressed when I get home and it’s already dark out. This is a perfectly good excuse to get up early on the weekends and take some long walks in the leaves. I’m lucky to have a boyfriend who doesn’t even bat an eye when he sees “walk in the leaves” on my weekend to-do list. #cheesy
- Thanksgiving festivities. I love holidays and I’m hoping to make the most of this one coming up, without being that person who posts 30 days of thankfulness on Facebook.
- Start getting rid of things that I don’t need aka clean up the clutter that is my apartment full of things I do not need.
- Gym gym gym. A couple of weeks ago I decided that this winter was my year to get my act together so I’m not self conscious next summer so I’ve been pretty good about making time for workouts, even if it means going during my lunch break. I started Jamie Eason’s livefit program about two weeks ago since I loved it when I did it a few years ago, but I also scheduled my first workout with a personal trainer at my gym for next week. We’ll see how it goes! Last time I saw a personal trainer, I got to my lowest weight ever, and even though the scale shouldn’t rule your life, I was definitely happy to see those numbers!