I haven’t done one of these Friday wrap up posts in a while so since I’m writing this on Thursday night after drinking coffee at 4pm, I have some time to kill and figured why not.
I feel like its a little repetitive for me to say it’s been a long or stressful week, so I won’t say it even though it has been. I will, however, say (as I mentioned in my last post) that I’m trying my best to not let the long days get the best of me. Monday started off with the most amazing fall weather so it’s definitely a sign of all good things to come. While I’m not necessarily looking forward to shorter days, I’m most definitely looking forward to cooler weather, stomping my boots around in leaves, and maybe the occasional snobby, overpriced coffee that rhymes with rumpkin mice natte.
Okay, I’m done making up words. Here’s my week in 5s 🙂
five things I ate //
1. COTTON CANDY GRAPES. I’ve seen these all over the internet lately and I finally picked some up at Fresh Market on Tuesday. Yes they taste like cotton candy & no they are not made with GMOs.
2. salmon + the tiniest baby potatoes. Sometimes I have to get my eating habits in check and I make a delicious whole30 approved dinner even when I’m not whole30ing. Baked lemon salmon is currently one of my favorite dishes.
3. Mekong. I know a lot of people here love Mekong for their beer selection, but I think I’ve only ordered two beers here in my life: one being a giant fishbowl on my birthday and the second being a fruity peach beer. But their tofu and broccoli? Yes please. I’ve never strayed away from this dish since I started coming here years ago and it might be sprinkled with some sort of magic Vietnamese fairy dust.
4. Stella’s takeout. I know I’ve mentioned it before, but I think we have been to Stella’s Market more than we’ve been to any full-size grocery store together. Thursday’s dinner was a shared Greek bolognese and potato & fennel gratin. I still haven’t had dinner at Stella’s restaurant, but their takeout is great and their banana pudding leaves me speechless.
5. Chipotle tacos. Hello, my name is Kim and I had never ordered Chipotle tacos until this week.
five workouts //
Monday – perfect weather outside makes for an empty gym after work and I got 45 minutes of cardio and a chest/back workout without people breathing down my neck.
Tuesday – leg day aka my favorite day
Wednesday – day after leg day aka the worst day so sunset rooftop yoga @ VMFA. Perfect.
Thursday – Since I made my long overdue return to yoga this week, I figured I might as well make my return to barre after a couple of weeks ago. What started as me being the only person in class until a couple more people joined in, turned into the hardest class I have ever taken. Seriously, does anyone else sweat a lot during barre? No? Just asking for a friend…
Friday – nothing because I can only assume I will be limping around with sore legs and ready to drink wine outside.
five things making me happy //
1. Football season! I know nothing about football but football season means I have an excuse to eat junk food that I normally would steer clear of, make crockpot meals, and lounge around doing absolutely nothing. I’m also signed up for my first Draft Kings contest this weekend, so I’m just waiting for my millions to start rolling in.
2. Getting back into the swing of working out again. It’s really intimidating to have to go back to a class you haven’t been to in a while, so I’m feeling pretty proud of myself for not making too many excuses this week. If only I could get that morning workout routine down again…
3. Richmond is kind of a big deal and we have this thing happening next week. I’m excited to be in a good location where we can walk anywhere in the city and check out some of the races while we’re at it.
4. Placing my first Blue Apron order that comes next week! One of my favorite people at work was sweet enough to hook me up with a bunch of free meal delivery deals last week, and Blue Apron is first on the list. We picked three meals that will be sent to us on Wednesday so that’s at least 3 days where I can pretend to know what I’m doing in the kitchen. I’ll keep you guys posted. Thanks Jennifer!
5. Speaking of meal delivery companies, I might be a little late to this as well, but I found a flower subscription service too (The Bouqs Co.) if any of my friends are fancy enough to sign up. I obviously would never spend that much on flowers, nor do I need the monthly commitment to keep them alive, but I think it’s a pretty cool idea. Treat. Yo. Self.