It’s been a crazy week (isn’t it always?) and I can’t believe it’s Friday. Fri-yay?
- I hit the back of my head on the corner of a granite counter about 5 minutes before leaving to pick up Michael from the airport on Sunday, which caused all sorts of headaches and maybe some acute memory loss.
- My car broke down about 5 minutes after that. My beloved blueb sat dead until Wednesday, but now all is well.
- Super behind at work, but busy is good.
Regardless of a couple of stressful things thrown in the mix, it’s been a good week and I’m so excited about the weekend ahead! I finished whole 30 on Wednesday. My best friend’s birthday was yesterday. I ate pizza on Thursday and didn’t die. See? Good things.
I have another post in the works to talk about the entire whole30 experience, but until I can sit still long enough to get my thoughts together on that, here’s the rest of my week in 5s! Happy Friday, friends!
2. Choco-crunch sprouted cookies. So by strict whole30 rules, this snack would be considered “sex with your pants on” because they are “cookies.” I didn’t buy them because I was craving cookies though, nor would they even be a cookie substitute for me in the future. I’ll go into this a little more in my w30 summary.
3. Chicken and broccoli. Broccoli has been my go-to livesaving vegetable all month and luckily I love it just as much as I did before I started. I love you, baby tree veggies.
4. Belmont pizza. If you’re in Richmond & you’ve never ordered pizza from here… please get some for dinner tonight. It’s a must. Two small slices last night and I was done, which was a far cry from my usual serving size from there so I’m giving myself a pat on the back for that.
5. eggs. I’ve eaten about 24 eggs in the last two or three weeks and I currently don’t want to look at another egg for at least a week.five workouts //
Can I skip this section this week? Aside from walking my dog everyday, I haven’t been to the gym this week since it’s been a busy one. I’m going tomorrow. Promise.
3. weekend plans! We have a busy weekend ahead, including a surprise dinner planned by Michael in honor of me finishing w30. He won’t tell me where we are going so I can’t wait for this! The only problem is that I have no idea what to wear, but I guess it could be worse.
4. Speaking of him: he belongs on this list. I have had more than one meltdown this week either because of being stressed or because I can’t make a decent dinner lately to save my life, and he’s always there to talk me down and I am just really grateful to have such a gem.
5. This weird 75 degree day we’re having. I had no idea when I checked the weather this morning that it would only reach a high in the 70s, and I feel like I may have wasted a perfectly good summer outfit when I could be in jeans and a scarf. So ready for fall!