I thought I would have to skip this week’s Friday post since I’ve been out and about all day, but here I am in my pj’s at 9pm on Friday, so no excuses!
five things i ate //
1. the most amazing brussels sprouts in the history of brussels sprouts tonight at the Daily. Do I go there too much? No way.
2. BLT (lettuce wrapped) with homemade fries to satisfy my all day craving on Wednesday
3. five peaches in one day (today)
4. pork belly – Trader Joe’s sells it already cooked and you just crisp in a pan. Amazing.
5. not a food, but I’ve been loving this sparkling water I found at Trader Joe’s recently. Only 4 come in a pack, which is unfortunate, but I love them. A little sweeter than my usual La Croix.
five workouts //
monday: off because I felt like death after work
tuesday: gym for an hour on my lunch break, and I let my coworkers pick my workout before I left. Run 2 miles, stairclimber, kettle bell squats, abs.
wednesday: hour of cardio @ the gym
friday: off – lots of walking though, so let’s count it because clearly this was a lazy week
five things making me happy //
1. the freshly picked peaches in my kitchen from earlier today (post coming soon!)
2. having an amazing dinner with Michael’s mom tonight at my favorite restaurant. She’s just the best. Also, talking about him is so easy to do and puts a smile on my face, so it’s nice being able to talk to her. (I know, I know. So cheesy. We wear matching outfits, what else do you expect?)
3. a three day weekend
4. fresh flowers on the coffee table + a clean apartment
5. whole30. I might whine about having to cook every single thing that I eat, but last weekend, I bought jeans in the smallest size I’ve ever worn in my life and I owe it to all of the clean eating over the past month. I might have only 5 days left until I can eat carbs and sugar and all the things, but I actually don’t even want to. Crazy, right?