In a necessary shift in mood from my last post (I’m sorry guys!! Didn’t mean to make people tear up during their work day…), I’m going to talk about my true love. His name is Joe.
A trip to Trader Joe’s used to be a rare occurrence for me and I would have to plan my bi-weekly trip to that side of town, which usually ended up in me over-spending and buying all of the unnecessary things just to have since I wasn’t sure when I would be back (even though I knew I would be back soon.) Now, I work 5 minutes from it (and it’s easy to pop in for a few ingredients to make dinner or for chocolate covered edamame in the middle of the day for no reason at all) so I thought I would share some of my favorite things that I currently love.
1. cauliflower rice // just discovered this last night after seeing it all over instagram. especially popular with people doing whole30 (more on that later) so I finally picked it up and used it in place of brown rice or quinoa in stuffed peppers that I made for dinner. Such a good substitute and I will definitely be picking up more bags of this.
2. no salt, crunchy almond butter // my life would be nothing without this jar of almond butter. (and whole30 approved!)
3. frozen edamame // easy to steam or just re-heat in about 5 minutes. I can shamelessly eat an entire bag in one sitting.
4. dark chocolate edamame // sounds really weird, tastes really great. Plus it has dark chocolate AND edamame, so it’s a health food… or something.
5. cookie butter cheesecake bites // I can’t really say TOO much about these little squares of heaven because I’ve only had a couple in my life but I will stare at a box of them every time I go in and I’ve convinced myself that I currently want to comfortably wear a bikini rather than indulge in an entire box of them. But… you. You should go buy them immediately.
6. plantain chips // for $1.99 a bag and a lifesaver on whole30, I would eat these little chips over real plantains any day.
7. coconut oil spray // I discovered coconut oil a couple of years ago and after a couple of expensive jars, trader joe’s started carrying a less-expensive version, and then later came out with this spray and I will never buy a can of Pam again. I use it on everything when I’m cooking, whether in my pans or just to spray on veggies for sauteing because sometimes I’m too lazy to scoop oil out of the jar.
8. everyday seasoning // I own about 5 jars of spices because I know nothing about cooking, but I use this for almost everything.
This list can change with the seasons (helloooo, pumpkin cream cheese!) and I could go on forever, but I’m hungry and sometimes I just can’t talk about food anymore. Aside from the fact that I never saw a single peony at my store this spring, what am I missing out on from Trader Joe’s?